Saturday 13 April 2013

Coupon/Mini Shopping Bag Extravaganza



Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some ideas with you for one of the dies from my From the Heart collection. When designing dies I try to create ones that may be used a bunch a different ways because there's nothing I like better than a good bargain!  I think you will see that the Coupon/Mini Shopping Bag die is very versatile.

This die makes a box that will hold eight Sizzlits. I decided to make some to house my collection. Right now I have them stored in a metal bin but every time I want a certain one I have to look through all of them. With these little boxes I can organize and label them according to the collections or theme!

Die cut the Coupon/Mini Shopping Bag six times from matboard. I cut mine from colored board but of course you can cut it from white and add paper, ink it, or paint it to your taste.
 Add strong double sided tape to all tabs. 
 Make sure to fold each score line to weaken the fibers and 
make it easier to work with before putting your box together.
 Assemble as seen above. When all pieces are lined up, 
press adhesive firmly to the sides of the box. 
To get inside and make sure you have a good bond, 
use a bone folder to press down in the corners. 
I alternated colors for some interest.
Add a label and you are done! Feel free to add some ink or embellishments. I didn't because I will be handling them a lot, taking them on and off the shelf and didn't want extra pieces that might come off. Plus this way they stack flat. You can lay the die on the side or upright and add the label where it suits best.

This week on the Sizzix US blog I showed how to make a Coupon Folder using the same die. I only used one piece of it this time as the cover and binding. It also works great as a mini album that holds all those small cards you collect. as well as photos, gift cards, and business cards.

and here are some other ideas from the Sizzix US DT...

I hope this inspires you to take a second look at the dies you own and use them creatively! See you next time...

2 comments:

  1. I have the bag with handles die. Haven't used it much. Maybe I will dig it out and see what I can do with it.. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you did some experimenting with this die, ionabunny!

      Delete