Thursday 18 July 2013

Blooming cushions



We visited a garden centre at the weekend and the array of beautiful geraniums, dahlias and fuchsias was quiet stunning - I just love the vibrancy.
So when thinking about what to make this week, and not wanting to make anything big because of the lovely summer weather I came up with the idea to use one of my circle dies and my Big Shot machine to decorate a cushion for my grand-daughters. There are so many examples in the shops - but they sometimes appear a bit flat, and you can't always find the right colour.

This cushion cover was just right as it matches the colours in the girls bedroom, but you could make your own cover instead of purchasing ready made.

Using the Big Shot and Bigz Dies 657603 - 3 1/2" circle - I cut 6 pink, 3 turquoise and 3 yellow circles.
Fold a  circle in half and then scrunch it slightly before stitching the folds in place. Repeat with another 2 circles and then stitch all 3 together at the centre.
Repeat with the remaining circles so that you have created 4 flowers and then sew them onto one of the bottom corners of the cushion cover.

 This was such an easy project - it took me less than an hour to complete.
Of course you could cover the whole cover with the flowers - either all the same colour or mixed up like mine.
Dare I say this could be the start of making Christmas presents! Maybe not - but I will just say that it is only 3 weeks until the Festival of Quilts. It is earlier this year - so I am busy preparing for the workshops I will be teaching -  so I hope to see you there.
Meanwhile enjoy the summer!!
Angela
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment