Thursday 11 July 2013

Summer blossoms





Summer is finally here with us - and I am pretty certain of 2 things - we don't know how long it will last and we don't want to do much of anything!!
So this week I have made something very simple and easy to do.
I made simple flowers to embellish a top for a little girl.
I used Bigz Die 658315 and cut 26 circles in pink organza, and 8 in lilac. Fold the circles in half and stitch together,  and then twist the top one 90  degrees. ( see picture below)


 Fold the right hand 1/4 circle underneath and the top left hand circle 1/4 circle down, and stitch ( see picture below)


This when unfolded becomes a simple flower

I made a total of 13 pink and 4 lilac flowers and stitched them around the top of a child's top


And then I thought I'd try embellishing an adult top - I used Bigz die 657602 and cut 24 pink organza circles. I stitched them together in pairs as above, but then I stitched 4 of these together to create a larger flower. I then stitched the 3 flowers in place - of course you could add more, I just wanted to show an idea.
Now I think I can be a little obsessive because I have started to think of lots of other things you can create with the circle dies - the same idea could be used to embellish skirts, bags, hair bands, brooches -  just to mention a few ideas.
What an easy idea to create gifts - an inexpensive t-shirt for a birthday gift, or how about a brooch for teacher at the end of term.
Watch this space I'm sure I'll come up with some more ideas, with samples, over the next few weeks.
Enjoy the summer.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment