Wednesday 3 July 2013

Wedding Belles




Summer's here which can only mean one thing.... 'Rain,wind, more rain' I hear you cry!!

Actually, I was thinking of wedding season, we have two here at Ellison so my thoughts naturally turned to Congratulations cards with a wedding theme, I saw a great card when I was running a workshop recently and it sparked a whole new idea which I would like to share with you today.

I wanted to base the dress idea around the Framelits Hearts set, for texture I used one of the elegant Embossing folders from the Brenda Walton Range and the flower detail on the dress was added courtesy of the Susan's Garden sunflower die.

I had a lot of fun with this card, I went through a few different versions before I was entirely satisfied so I hope you all like it?

1. I die cut the three hearts from heavyweight pearlised card by Inspire Me Papers. 2. I then scored the hearts as shown with a craft knife to ensure a clean, crisp fold.

3. I folded the hearts and embossed one of the the large ones (The heart on the left in figure 2). 4. I folded the embossed heart and inserted it into the other folded heart securing near the top with a glue gun. 5. Next, I Die cut a few dozen tiny flowers using the Thinlits die from the Sunflower set which is designed to create the centre of the sunflower.


6. Using the moulding mat and medium stylus tool from the Susan's Garden tool kit I pressed each tiny flower deep into the mat to add a little dimension. 7. Using PVA glue with a fine tip applicator, apply the flowers starting at the bottom of the dress and working upwards, thinning out as you go. 8. Attach the bodice with a glue gun and apply the flowers around the neckline. Decorate some of the flower centres with a random smattering of adhesive pearls and gems.
 9. Cut  a rectangle of black card measuring 155 x 165mm, measure 60mm from the left hand edge of the card and score before folding. Round off the top corner with a corner punch. 10. Make a 50mm cut down the centre of the flap and score either side with a craft knife 11. Fold back along the score lines to create the lapels and secure with PVA glue.
12. Place a rectangle of Pearl card behind the lapels and fold a piece of purple glitter card in two. Use a sharp pair of scissors to cut into the bow tie shape, lightly curl to add some dimension and attach to the shirt with a blob of hot glue. Add, white pearls for the shirt buttons and black for the jacket.13. Cut a rectangle of pearlised card measuring 105 x 155mm and round off two of the corners. \emboss the card in your Big Shot and insert into the base card.
 Happy Days mon amie!







4 comments: